DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

How to run Aladdin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:40 am     Post subject: How to run Aladdin? Reply with quote

I had downloaded the game aladdin from your website. It installed itself as a .zip file.
i opened the folder and unzipped it.
4 files called:
install.bat
lha.exe
readme
and disk1.dat
appeared...
i opened it into the file i wanted in my d: drive
but i can't play the game
when i open the first two of the above it comes as "The program is finished..close it" and stuff
How do u play this game???
Thank you
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:22 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Load in DOS!!!!!
jayz

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:11 pm     Post subject: how to load aladdin..Help! Reply with quote

I have installed the Aladdin, but when i loaded it, it has an error : "XMS Allocation Error" how to solve this? As i am very desparate in playing this game. Meh
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:49 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Problem:

Aladdin won't run in pure DOS on a machine with more than 32MB of total RAM. -Shang Tsung

The Solution (well at least it worked once):

Check out this Oldskool.org page here: http://www.oldskool.org/pc/help/oldonnew/03_tweaking.shtml they discuss this problem and have a couple of possible solutions.

You can download the file they mention, EatXMS, here: http://www.oldskool.org/pc/help/oldonnew/10_resources.shtml

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1