DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Half-Life [old review found]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:28 pm     Post subject: Half-Life [old review found] Reply with quote

And found another one in my backups for that defunct AW site ...
It seems I was pretty badmooded those days ... lol

Half-life

For good understanding:
This is about the original first release of HL.
I havebought original CD when it was released.
I play it single player modus.
Now trying on a modern PC with XPsp2.

So after all those years let's try this one again. I remember having a good time playing this game, nice graphics for its time and a pretty good story.
The install runs flawless, some soundcheck routine, no problems. It takes approx 3 minutes to install. The install includes a Sierra utilities online, some stuff are added, that is shit. I would appreciate it if before adding a whole bucket of stuff to my windows they ask if I want this shit. I don't want it, if everytime I install some game they add a whole bucket of stuff I don't want, now no wonder my windows is slowing down.

So let's play, whoops a warning, this version doesn't run well under XP, I need to patch it, now no problem, they have installed Sierra utilities , remember ?

Whoopsy, Sierra doesn't support this product anymore.
Qué ?
I bought this game, paid money, and now they say : "screw you dosraider".

Can I find the neccesary patches ? Yes by searching the net I certainly will.
As Sierra says screw you I also say screw you.

Sorry , no review, but a good advise : beware of Sierra games, they are worthless regarding their support.

Publisher : Sierra On-Line Inc.
Developer : Valve L.L.C.
Release : 1998
Windows

My quotes:
B for the game itself.
D for the publisher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1