DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Wanting to make a Tetris clone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation
Trentdaddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:53 pm     Post subject: Wanting to make a Tetris clone. Reply with quote

JTA mentioned a site that had a few Dev tools and one of them was Game Maker. First of all, I was wondering if it is even possible to make a Tetris like game with it and if so how? Would that be creating a room or a background? Or something completely different?

I do notice that this section is more focused on the DOS game maker programs, but i was hoping that maybe somebody here had experience with Game Maker and knew partially or even fully how to make a decent Tetris clone.

Does any body really prefer one of the DOS game maker programs to make one?

And if nobody here can answer it, then I can try the Game Hippo forums or maybe even contacing the gamed creator(s)/editor(s) themselves.
GAMER
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:09 am     Post subject: Re: Wanting to make a Tetris clone. Reply with quote

Trentdaddy wrote:
JTA mentioned a site that had a few Dev tools and one of them was Game Maker. First of all, I was wondering if it is even possible to make a Tetris like game with it and if so how?

can i just ask one question...why?

Cool GAMER.
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:54 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? I hold Tetris in high regard! Anyone who doesn't is stupid!
Thunderdog
Token Black Guy
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:46 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I must be a vegetable.
Trentdaddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:33 pm     Post subject: Re: Wanting to make a Tetris clone. Reply with quote

GAMER wrote:
Trentdaddy wrote:
JTA mentioned a site that had a few Dev tools and one of them was Game Maker. First of all, I was wondering if it is even possible to make a Tetris like game with it and if so how?

can i just ask one question...why?

Cool GAMER.

I'm assuming you hate tetris, right?

Well first, I want to make just a basic clone so I can get used to the program. But later, I'm going to add some neat stuff(if i can) that If you are a tetris fan, it could become one of your favorite tetrises.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1