Hexen

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the forum or DOSGAMES.com can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].
Trentdaddy

Hexen

Post by Trentdaddy »

Hey, maybe you guys can get Hexen. Its a First Person Shooter(or 3-D shooter according the the genre's at the site). Its about approximately 8.5 megabytes or more/less. Its made by id and i think its a sequel to Heretic(well they kept saying somthing in the manual like Beyond Heretic or something like that)

Actually I have the 7 FLOPPIES for it, but i would have to load it on the computer and probably upload it to the somebody here and i have 56k(ugh). But i did get it from a Dollar Tree store, so maybe you could find a copy their.

Just a suggestion. And if you want it directly from me, then we may need to set up a time(like a friday or a weekend) so I would have the time to upload it here. Its an ok game from what i played, not anything special. Can be kinda hard.

EDIT: and to make it clear, it is in DOS.....i think....
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

The thing is, Trent, we don't host full games on dosgames.com. We host only shareware games, and having the full version is illegal. If we were to host it, we would have problems with the IDSA. Thanks for the offer, though.

Everyone else: I see no reason to lock this. There is no warez request or flame war. Only a friendly suggestion.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Trentdaddy

Post by Trentdaddy »

Oh my bad. Forgive me.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

We do host full freeware games though, which include games that used to be commercial but became freeware (Ken's Labyrinth, ZZT, some others).

Which reminds me....I should get emmzee to add Lure of the Temptress......
Trentdaddy

Post by Trentdaddy »

Yeah i was kinda wondering about those full games. makes sense.
Trentdaddy

Hmm

Post by Trentdaddy »

I remember that i had a few DOS games when I had my Tandy a while back. I think i left them at my mom's classroom. Maybe i can get some of those and see if they are ok. I can't exactly remember some of them. Lemme see.

One was Pharoa's Tomb(but you probably already have that). There was this Mars game(and i believe it WASN'T Full ware). I had some street fighter game, but its owned Capcom and well, they are still in the business.

There was also this game callled Street Fighting man. I dunno if its copyrighted or not. But it was about you beating up a bunch of gangsters and saving the kiddnaped girls and stuff. Neat game.

I also had something called Classic Concentraion(or something like that). Its a Game show game that might be based on a real one. I think you have to answer a question then select a piece from a picture(the pieces cover the pic so you don't know what the pic is). And you have to try guess what the caption is. If you guess it right, you win.

Speaking of game shows, i believe i also had Wheel of Fortune.

THere was this puzzle game with shapes, cant remember it much. Other than pushing some shapes to go to the next level.

I also had some neat game where you move this smilie face to collect stuff for points. It was kinda wierd, but fun. IT was like "something of Troz(or Tron)"

If i remember, i will try to check for them. And i still have more.

EDIT: I looked up your Small Games list and found out that it was Kingdom of Kroz. I understand what that guy said when said "ahh, memories". Yeah, i remember that game way back in the early 90's. Those were the days.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

watch out though, because there's a chance that we cant host those either because they may be abandonware. (Software that is old, not mentioned by the authors, but never released as freeware) It too is illegal (stupid copyrights :Angry: )
Trentdaddy

My list

Post by Trentdaddy »

Man, these games are old. I'm not sure which are ok and which aren't. Well some of them have a copry right on the label. I found most of the old ones I had, but I can't find them all(Street fighting man :cry: , The mars adventure game, Pharoa't Tomb(something like that), Kingdom of Kroz, and some disks that had multiple games like card games and such).

List: 'C'= copyrighted
Sky Runner- Copyrighted
Some collection of games(not sure if 'C')
a few educational ones(not sure)
Inspector Gadget(some coloring game) -'C'
Bez Pegs- 'C'
Classic Concentraion-'c"
Obliterator(i see no copyright on the box or disk, but it is distributed by Virgin)
Family Fued-'C'
The $100,000 pyramid(I see no copyright but i bet there is one)
Bones Games(these are sample games, these might actually be some of the ones that i couldnt find)
Navy Seal(either that or Tools for tots, the label has a lot of stuff on it)
The Jetson's By George in Trouble Again(a sucky platformer, I bet its 'C')
Street Fighter('c' of course)
Impossible Mission('c')
Wheel of Fortune( I don't have the original disk or box, but i bet it is 'C')
Street Sports Basketball-'c'
School Mom(i forgot what it was, i see no 'c')

Whoa! I didn't know that basically all of them where copyrighted.

Bonus games were made by Apogee and I have seen a few games by them here so it may be ok to upload that one.

EDIT: I may have the rest at home.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

If the author has not explicitly said that the game is freeware, then it is abandonware as far as we're concerned.
Trentdaddy

Post by Trentdaddy »

Well, that would require a lot of reading the disks to find that out. And I have limited time on the computer 2day since my mother is going to use it more often this week.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Generally, if you bought it, don't assume it's freeware. There are exceptions, but those are few and far between.
Trentdaddy

Post by Trentdaddy »

Da_Goat wrote:Generally, if you bought it, don't assume it's freeware. There are exceptions, but those are few and far between.
I know that. But i think that the Bonus Games one is possibly freeware or shareware.
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

True. I've seen Jump 'n' Bump in a collection pack....
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

wasnt that a game for the NES too?