Need help with The $100,000 Pyramid. Created by Sierra

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Dos-a-holic

Need help with The $100,000 Pyramid. Created by Sierra

Post by Dos-a-holic »

I have the latest version of $100,000 Pyramid, and it ran fine under Win98, now, under XP, it runs for a little while, then crashes. I've done searches on the net for a patch of somekind but so far i've come across nothing. Anyone else have this game/problem? I didnt set any compatibility to it, since it was made for Windows, but I did notice on one of my searches, I came across a thing where you could order it offline, and it said was usable up to Windows NT/2000.

Do you think that setting the compatibility to WinNT/2000 would help my chances of getting the game to work better?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Don't think so(but you can always try)! Seems to me like you'd be better off with Virtual PC 2004 with Win 98 installed(pretty easy to get around, both VPC and a Win98 disc)
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Need help with The $100,000 Pyramid. Created by Sierra

Post by dosraider »

Dos-a-holic wrote:Do you think that setting the compatibility to WinNT/2000 would help my chances of getting the game to work better?
:suspicious:

Why don't you try it? It really won't kill your PC, really not.
But first try by enable W98 compability.

If it still don't work you can try VPC with W98(SE) in it, but VPC can only emulate a 8MB S3 Virge, don't know if that will be enough for that 2001 game.
Of course, if you don't try, you don't know.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Dos-a-holic

Post by Dos-a-holic »

I did go to the website link from the other post for VPC, it says its optimized for Vista, will it still work under WinXP SP2?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Try it ?

Naaaa, it works in Xpsp2, I use it all the time.
VPC2004 ànd VPC2007.
It says: the product is not supported, means you can't ask for support on the MS tech board if needed.
But it works fine, believe me.

BTW: after you installed your OS in VPC (04 or 07) it is really important to install the additions IN the OS you installed in it.
To do so:
VPC must be running with the installed OS, go to menu item ACTION (above), select 'install or update VMC additions', that will mount an ISO, if it doesn't start auto, go to 'computer' in your VPC OS, select the cddrive and run setup or autorun.
This will upgrade the graphics and add full sound / mouse support in your VPC OS. Will reboot also (VPC, not your main PC).
Withg additions you also can use a shared folder in your host (main PC).
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
takeuwithme

100,000 Pyramid game

Post by takeuwithme »

I have Windows 8 and it won't let me download it, but I can play it on the website, but the timer is 5 SECONDS! It should be longer than that.