DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Keyboard Ever!

wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:46 pm     Post subject: Best Keyboard Ever! Reply with quote

[dead link removed]

www.ideazon.com

just go and look at it, it made me cry with excitment when i first saw it! Crying Shit-Eating Grin
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:43 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, impressive features .... if you can use them. But how does it feel? Will it last a few years? Is it so light that it backs away from you as you type? Confuzzled

I nominate the Northgate Omnikey Ultra. 116 keys, extra set of F keys that are programable. Heavy and built to last a century. The best key-stroke feel I've ever had. Interchangeable cords and hidden preferences bay. It was too good for it's day and the company eventually went under in the 90's. Crying
I have one and it has been under constant use for 15 years. Violent

Last edited by johpower on Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Kazer0
Mercenary Dishwasher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my generic keyboard.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:41 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

2 keyboards on my computers

1. Gateway USB keyboard+hub directly connected to main computer , usefull for those easy access internet/mail etc buttons and connects my usb logitech optical mouse and usb logitech wingman extreme digital to my pc.

2. The keyboard I am using all the time is a Northgate Omnikey/102 purchased new in the early 90's for a heck of alot of money (used with my home built 386 at the time).

This keyboard has been taken apart and cleaned a few times and is spotless. nothing like good tactile feedback from a keyboard. best keyboard ever made.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:25 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

You is so right Congratulatory
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:24 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Dell "QuietKeys" make more noise than most keyboards i've used.
Annorax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:41 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks pretty cool. I'm using an ancient, huge Gateway keyboard from the mid 90's... Cool
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:40 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got my hands on another Northgate keyboard, the omneykey/Ultra (has another set of function keys called SF1, SF2, etc). Got it in mint never used condition for $5 + shipping can sell it for $80 on ebay easily (wont happen).
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:51 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd choice might be a KeyPro keyboard, by Focus Electronics. They made a very nice series of programables. I have a Key Pro FIK-9000 to suppliment my Northgate Omnikey/Ultra. It's key feel is a 8 to the Northgate's 10.

There are 12 special keys on the left that can be programmed to store 14 characters each ("format a: /s/u" or "copy A:\. B:\" or "doom2.bat" are good examples).

A long, thin key stroke template card for the programed keys, or programs like WordPerfect or Star Trek can fit in the plate at the top.

The arrow pad has 8 direction keys and a turbo/home key in the center.

A combination numberpad and 24-key calculator with large number display is on the far right.

Unfortunately the size of the keyboard won't fit the drawer I use now and the calc display has died. Love the direction keys though. Better than some joysticks!! Happy
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:52 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an hp Keyboard, and it has Volume on it, you can control the CD with it, and it has 9 preset, although changable, Internet/Program shortcuts. And the Winkey and er... that other wierd key have been swapped (by me, for some reason) and the Shift key gets stuck sometimes, probably because I never clean it. The space key works, unlike some other keyboards, and the keys are quite small. I'd give it a 5/10.
adastalin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:04 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool. I think it put in some sun features to make it better tho. Be ideal for lazy ppl who cant be bothered to press two buttons as it has seperate buttons for things like cut copy paste etc.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:12 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this site for a great selection of KB's:

http://www.ergo-2000.com/ergo2000/showprod.cfm?&DID=6&CATID=36&ObjectGroup_ID=235&GCID=C6180x002

U_K, you vill like zem, lot's ya? Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games