DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C-Dogs / Cyberdogs 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews
Dr. Dos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:22 pm     Post subject: C-Dogs / Cyberdogs 2 Reply with quote

C-Dogs, the sequel to Cyberdogs isn't possible to be compared to the original. (See my post in getting games to work Happy) It's an overhead view action game in which a government agent goes through caves, labs, and citites to stop terrorists, bug eyed aliens, ogres, and Xenomorphs. As you progress throught the 4 or 5 campaigns the plot develops. After each mission you recieve passcode and then choose your weapons for the next mission. Each weapon is balanced, the powergun for example kills most things in 1 or 2 hits, but the firing rate is slow. The machinegun fires weak bullets rapidly. Other weapons include sniper rifles,TNT,proximity mines,gernades,shotguns,flamers, and there should be a few more.

Graphics- 7/10 while the lighting effects aren't great you can still understand what's what, the explosions are really well done too. Cool

Sound- ?/10 can't get it to work Crying

Plot- 10/10 see main part of post Malevolent

Difficulty- 8/10 you WILL die, a little too much. Sometimes you end up starting in a section where half the enemies are. That's never good. Violent

Overall-8.3/10 get it. NOW! Shit-Eating Grin
Da_Goat

Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:52 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

crap, I should've reviewed the c-dog games.....stupid, stupid, me!!
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:08 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy it to hard disc.
Hablibiddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:50 pm     Post subject: w00t Reply with quote

C-Dogs was cool, but it was too dark Happy Oh well, blowing up things is still fun no matter what kind of light is shining
Trentdaddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:49 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i got it recently. I haven't played it that much. But it is dark as hades. All i need is darkness(i was being sarcastic. Things seem darker than they should on my screen sometimes, but i do usually have my gamma rating up)
Zaphod`

Location: Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Alpha Cluster, 3rd Dimension.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:34 am     Post subject: :D Reply with quote

Apparently, I registered for here a long time ago. Don't think I posted though. Thanks for pointing this one out to me on IRC, Dr_Dos, it worked pretty well under Dosemu.

One problem though: I can only play dog fights. The campaign missions instantly game over when I come in. Some memory value conflicting with Linux, no doubt. Its still really fun though.

Anyway, I think I'll start a Dosemu compatibility thread, to address these sorts of things.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:16 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Dogs 2 have poor sound. They get REALLY annoying after a while. But there's an editor! (a stupid editor, though) The worst thing is that you don't buy your weapons or ammo. You just CHOOSE of the avaible guns and then your SCORE subtracts while you shoot. It's HORRIBLE! And you can't play with "split screen always" off. The moment you and your partner meet, the screen "moves" and you can't find your guy anymore anywhere. And you get stuck with the door because you can't properly line up with the door as they are just as wide as you are. Also the point of view in the game causes you not to be able to see what's behind the South walls, so if you come up with a mission to search something, things might get VERY annoying. One good thing is that you can put together your own man. Choose him a head, skin color, clothes and stuff... Or maybe a 'her'?

Graphics: 7/10

Sounds: 4/10

Playability: 7/10

Overall: 6/10
Zaphod`

Location: Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Alpha Cluster, 3rd Dimension.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:12 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have sound, so I guess I missed that part Shit-Eating Grin
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:56 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Belive me, it's better to miss them them hear them... Suspicious
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:40 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that hey're ok.
Cyberdog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:24 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Dogs is my second favourite DOS game ever!!! A definite 10/10! If the sound gets annoying you can actually download WAV files and just rename them RAW and replace the original sounds. I replaced my machine gun and powergun sound and they sound great now. This game is a classic.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:58 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

DEATHWINTER STRIKES AGAIN! DUN DUN DUN!

Cyberdog: How did I know you liked C-dogs... Sarcastic In any case, want to write a full review?
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:21 pm     Post subject: Cyberdogs Reply with quote

Cyberdogs was way better than C-dogs. The only advantage to C-dogs was that you could customize your character and save the game. C-dogs didn't have any credits to buy guns, ammo, lives, & armour after each level which was the best part of the game. There was once a project for cyberdogs 2001 on a website to improve on the game and was created using VB, then the creator dropped it due to no time to work on it. Hope someone tries to create another cyberdogs again Laughing Best dos game ever written, thanx Ronny Congratulatory

http://www.orcsoftware.com/~ronny/Cyberdogs.html
coolman927

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:28 pm     Post subject: Help Reply with quote

In c-dogs how do you load other peoples campaigns in the command prompt? I jsut love c-dogs though!
hippo legend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:05 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll just like to say cyber dogs is the best but.... Meh your all fagots A Frikkin Cuccoan
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:30 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me... Shocked

You arent very nice.. WE are all dedicated to helping you people and look what you come back with.. NASTY GUEST we can trace you back to your home and then ban you from here for good! Would you like that

Moderator of this forum should delete this post..
FunkeyMonkey9454

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:10 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

How do i download cyberdogs to play on my computer now

Somebody please tell me. : Shit-Eating Grin Malevolent Laughing Sarcastic Happy Congratulatory Tbbbbbth! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:18 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i wanna no 2!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:20 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

does n e 1 no?
SomeOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:44 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Dogs > Cyberdogs = True

Only thing that cyberdogs is better than cdogs is difficulty... c-dogs is WAY too easy! (Any one know where to get some good c-dogs campaigns???)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games